Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Help! I’m a list addict!

Part of my clutter problem can be attributed to lists. To do lists, to be exact. Lists full of things to do at work and things to do at home. And most items on those lists go largely undone. But I can’t throw away those lists until I reconsolidate them down with the hopes of actually getting some of it done on the new and improved list.

The problem is they start out manageable enough, just a few items anyone could be expected to get done in a 24-hour period. But as the day wears on, more and more things come to mind that need doing. So the list gets longer and more unreasonable, and the more unlikely things are to get done.

Here’s a case in point. I’ve been married for 2.5 years now. Not long after the blessed day, I requested all the proper forms to update my new name and new address on my various accounts. All that was left for me to do was to get the luckiest man alive, my husband, to sign them along with my new bank. Guess what? Still haven’t done that. But it's still on my list.

The list I created yesterday still hasn’t been touched despite the fact that I crossed out yesterday’s date and put today’s on it, giving myself more time.

It’s not like I’m a total slug who never does anything. Oftentimes, I just get distracted and wind up doing something that wasn’t on my list in the first place. I think it’s part of my ‘fear of success’ complex. I’ll have to work on that. I’ll add it to the list.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home