Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Orzo, Anyone?


I've had a bag of orzo in the pantry for a while but never knew what to do with it. Last night, I decided to put it to good use.

I had already planned to make Awesome Baked Sea Scallops, from allrecipes.com, and discovered some people had made orzo as a side dish. So I looked it up and decided on Vegetable Orzo, especially since I magically had most of the ingredients on hand.

Personally, I loved it as is. Other reviewers, and my dear husband Rick, didn't think it had enough flavor but the balsamic vinegar was enough for me. I started to sprinkle Parmesan on it as some other reviewers suggested, then decided I didn't want to over-fatten something that was relatively healthy, especially since those scallops were so heavy. I would definitely make it again, though maybe throw in some herbs and/or spices for the Rickster.

I would not, however, make those scallops again. They just tasted so fattening and it seemed like a shame to bury those expensive, succulent mollusks in a lot of breading, butter and oil. Lots of people loved it, though, so I'm sharing it with you. But it was just too heavy for my taste. And the fact that Rick, who love scallops, hardly touched his confirmed I won't be making it again. But please enjoy my lovely photos of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home