Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Heavenly Brownies

Instead of trying to make a dent in the clutter around my house while my son napped this afternoon, I decided to declutter my hotmail inbox. In so doing, I spent a little quality time in a newsletter from AllRecipes and discovered Mmm-Mmm Better Brownies. They seemed easy enough, so I decided to make them after dinner tonight.

Holy cow! I'm in the middle of my second square hot out of the oven and I can't get over how delicious (and easy to prepare) they are. After following the directions to the T (including walnuts), I added mini chocolate chips and drizzled with caramel per some reviewers' suggestions before cooking. I used an 8 x 8 pan and forgot other reviewers had said cooking time would be 30 minutes versus 20. So I wound up checking on them every 5 minutes after the initial timer went off at 20 minutes, and took them out at 32.

Thanks to the engineering geniuses at Kraft, I was able to squirt a generous amount of my beloved Cool Whip from a can onto this delectable treat. Fantastic! And they're easy enough you can justify doing more than just opening a box.

Pictures to come once I find my camera cord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home