Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Monday, October 15, 2007

Don't Try This At Home


I'm famous for my lists. I make them everywhere. In various notepads. On scraps of paper. Across Post-it notes taped to the front door. One of my guiltiest of note pleasures is writing things I don't want to forget on our bathroom mirror in eyeliner.

This particular habit drives my husband, Rick, crazy. He hates it because it is such a pain in the pratt to get that greasy eyeliner off.

So how excited was I when I read somewhere that you can write on mirrors with those dry erase pens, then just wipe them off. What a fantastic idea! I get to keep writing my little reminders where I'm sure to see them and they'll wipe off easily.

Not so fast. Turns out, the marks look erased to the naked eye, but take a shower, and shadows of all the former notes reappear. Yes, all of them. It's very Stephen King and also very annoying.

Regular old window cleaner does not get it off, nor does kitchen cleaner, but it sure leaves a nice cloudy film on the mirror. Apparently, I'm not the only one who's had this problem, so I've read cyber suggestions to use a baking soda and water paste (could scratch); acetone (heard it doesn't work), and some genius suggested blacking out the whole mirror with the marker, then erasing it. I don't think so.

I've also been told the type of pen makes a difference, which may or may not be true, but it's certainly too late for my purposes. But I will keep trying. And once find a solution (haha) that works, I'll let you know. In the meantime, if you have any ideas on an easy way to leave myself notes that don't create more problems than they fix, I'm all for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home