Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Never A Pampered Chef Party When You Need One


Don't you just dread those invitations to the in-home, over-priced parties?

I know I do. It's not that I don't enjoy the socialization and the products, not to mention the snacks. It's just that I want everything and it's all so (generally) outrageously priced.

But now I'm actually jonesing for a Pampered Chef party. When I was making Texas Governor's Mansion Cowboy Cookies the other night, I remembered my chopper was broken. I was reminded the hard way when I went to chop pecans. Apparently, I put it away thinking maybe I could fix it next time.

In a nutshell (haha), it won't come apart anymore so you can't clean it. Big problem, especially when nuts get stuck up in there.

The chopper was purchased at Home Goods for a song - about $6.99. It served its purposed while it lasted and I always thought it did a pretty good job until I was at my sister Sharon's back in March.

I was making Banana Crunch Muffins and used her Pampered Chef version to chop the nuts. Wow. What a difference. Smooth. Fast. Efficient. Everything I didn't realize my Zyliss chopper wasn't.

So now that I'm in the market for a new one, nothing but a Pampered Chef chopper will do – even at $29.95 (choke). Like they say, you get what you pay for. If you're planning a party, you know who to invite.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:03 AM, Blogger Hunter's Mom said…

    Hi Meaux,
    After reading your blog I see we have a lot in common...married later in life (me @ 32), have a little boy (mine is 5) and love to cook (I love allrecipes.com)!
    I'd love to help you out with that food chopper! You could even get it for free! I am also a Pampered Chef consultant and it has changed my life! Since I live in FL and you are in Ohio you could have a "Catalog show". Please e-mail me and I'll give you all the details. I'd also love the recipe for the Texas Governor's Mansion Cowboy cookies! Thanks! beckytaylorpc@yahoo.com

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger pchefjanetg said…

    I'm sure you've received loads of responses on this one. The food chopper is one of PC's most popular products - simply because it works great. Certainly you can earn it free or discounted by hosting your own catalog or cooking show - or you can place an individual order anytime online with your own local PC consultant. If you don't know a local consultant, I'm a Director with The Pampered Chef and would be happy to help you - www.pamperedchef.biz/JanetG. I especially like using the food chopper to finely dice fresh apples for apple muffins with lots of cinnamon - yum!

     
  • At 5:05 PM, Blogger meauxjeaux said…

    hey, ladies. thanks for the offers and for the tips. i actually have a local resource who promises to hook me up. but if it falls through, i'll let you know. thanks for reading my blog - i'm posting the cowboy cookies recipe soon. take care, m.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home