Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Friday, September 11, 2009

An Experiment

My house is a mess, nothing unusual there. I really have been wanting to clean up, but I've been sick the past week, so I've mostly just been maintaining. My husband's bureau is sparkly clean, but he hasn't even noticed or just didn't bother saying anything. Thanks, honey. But I digress.

Today's project, thanks in part to Peter Walsh and him continuously referencing 18 minutes as a great time frame for decluttering in his book Does this Clutter Make My Butt Look Fat? (which I recently picked up at the library), involves me cleaning up my kitchen. I've been trying unsuccessfully to have it look presentable all week. I truly do believe I have some sort of mental block against getting organize. I look at a mess like this (found in virtually every room in my house) and it seems impossible. I don't know where to start, how to honestly get rid of the stuff and not just move it somewhere else. It's very daunting.

So here we are at 3:02 on Friday afternoon. Obviously, it will be a little later after I post this, but basically the drill involves me getting off the computer, setting the kitchen timer for 18 minutes and seeing if I can rid my kitchen of this mess.

Let's get started...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home