Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Here's a Flour Tip for You

This just in from my Notes from the (America's) Test Kitchen from my pals over at Cook's Illustrated: to keep your flour fresh and bug-free, store it in the freezer. But if you don't have that kind of frozen real estate, get the same results by keeping it in your microwave instead. Just take it out when you need to nuke something.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:14 PM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    Thanks woman! Hope all is going well in the kitchen & sorry we will miss Ian's 1st big party! Pinch his awesome cheeks for me! :)

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger ShannanB said…

    That is interesting. I'd heard of keeping it in the freezer, but the microwave?? I wonder why that works?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home