Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Thursday, June 05, 2008

What the Suck was I Thinking?

One of the daily emails I get is from iVillage – it's their "Things We Love" segment. Generally speaking, they feature a lot of products I am interested in and wouldn't mind buying, but mostly they are very expensive.

That's why I was excited about their write up on Pickle Sickles. They were only $19.95 – including shipping – for a box of 20, and I could mix-n-match to try both their regular and spicy flavors. Seemed like a deal to me.

That is, until I got them. Not sure why, but I thought they were frozen pickles. In reality, they are like Fla-Vor-Ice, but with pickle juice. Now I like pickle juice. I like vinegar. I've even been known to drink malt vinegar straight. I'm weird like that. I figured I'd like these pops. So far, I've only tried the spicy version, but I'm here to tell you that try as I might, I couldn't finish the whole thing. It was too salty and, well, yucky. For a few minutes there, I thought I might hurl.

I wanted to like them, I really did. Rick thought I was nuts. He may have been right. But at $1 a piece, for all intents and purposes, I feel like I should suck it up. Or maybe pawn them off on someone else. Any takers?

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    I'm sorry dear, I have to agree with Rick that you are nuts...about the pickle Flav-o-Ice! Love ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home