Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Friday, June 20, 2008

There's a Light at the End of the Tunnel

And it's coming from under our kitchen cabinets. And above the sink. And the ceiling fan. And the refrigerator.

Yes, folks, it's true. Just one day short of 8 weeks later, we actually have electricity in our kitchen again. Ya-hoo! I am so excited. The only disappointment was flipping the ceiling fan switch near our back door and nothing happening, but I guess it wouldn't be our kitchen project if everything went smoothly.

Another little 'funny' was wondering why we had an outlet on the left side of the stove near the small window, seemingly for no reason. Then remembering that, way back at the beginning, there was supposed to be a cabinet over there. Ha ha, right? But you can't have too many outlets in the kitchen, that's what I always say. Plus, it will come in handy next time I want to use my stick blender directly in a pot on the stove. It's the little things...

Now, I don't want to set myself up for disappointment, so I'm not really banking on it, but rumor has it we'll be finished with the kitchen this weekend. Somehow, I don't think all the little details will be wrapped up by then, but we'll be damn close. And all my appliances should be hooked up, in position and ready for action. Watch out Kroger, here I come!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:22 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Wow-it looks fancy! I can't wait to see it. Hopefully, you're able to get it done soon!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home