Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

I Finally Did It


After years of actively avoiding it, I finally signed up for FlyLady.net today. My BFF, Angie, told me about her a long time ago but, quite frankly, I was afraid to. I'd heard it was a lot of work and a real commitment. Not exactly up my alley. But with the state of affairs around my house of late, and the fact I've started to itch all over my body (related? possibly...), I decided it was time to check it out.

Basically, it's a free 'service' that is designed to help you overcome CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome) and live a happier, neater life.

What really got me was this little intro on the home page: "Do you feel overwhelmed, overextended, and overdrawn? Hopeless and you don't know where to start? Don't worry friend, we've been there, too."

Hallelujah, sounds like home-making salvation is waiting for me in the form of Fly Lady, a woman by the name of Marla Cilley who hails from the great state of North Carolina.

So far, I've spent a couple of hours today trolling around the site and checking out all the wares she's hawking (there's probably at least $100 worth of stuff I'm ready to buy right now) rather than actually getting any real cleaning done, like I had planned. So technically, I've regressed since joining. But I have faith that tomorrow will indeed be another, more successful, day. I at least hope to shine my sink, which is the first step in learning how to FLY (finally love yourself - catchy, eh?).

Ultimately, I pray that, in the coming weeks, I'll have made some progress and be able to testify to you about this wonderful program. Don't worry, this won't turn into the daily Fly Lady blog; that idea's already been taken. But I do hope that I find it's something that can work for me and maybe, you, too. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home