Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Just Like Old Times


Today, I started a drawing class at a local art school as part of their continuing education program. It really took me back to the last time I took a real class, over 16 years ago when I was in college. This morning, I was running late, I lost control of my supplies while crossing the street (i.e. dropped them all over the road), and I was the last one in the door. So everyone gave me the stare-down and the teacher greeted me with a, “ You must be Maureen.” Nice.

I didn’t pick up my supplies until 2 days ago. The place I went to didn’t have exactly what I needed, so I had to settle. I didn’t go down to the basement to dust off my drawing board (from college) until last night, and didn’t realize I was missing a crucial element – the rubber band that holds everything on it. Thus the street dump.

Just goes to prove my disorganization has been with me a long time. Back in college, I was generally ill prepared. I never got to any classes on time, exam day or not. And I generally never had everything I needed. Comforting to know some things never change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home