Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

I'm Baaaaack!


Whew. It's been awhile since I last posted. It's true what they say about that road to Hell, but I feel like I do have valid reasons for falling so far behind.

For one thing, I was on vacation last week. Which doesn’t mean I didn’t plan on keeping up with the trials and tribulations of home life. I was somewhere, after all, wreaking my usual havoc. However, where I was did not have any wireless Internet access, so I couldn’t use my computer, access my files, etc. So that covers last week.

The week before last was yet another week from hell at the old work place. I tell you, it is always the storm before the calm. Whenever I’m planning to take some time off, I wind up working late and not even having time to get ready for my trip. It was business as usual that week, not even leaving the office on my last day – Friday – until 7 p.m.

*sigh*

But I’m back in the saddle now, babies, and I’ve got some exciting things on the horizon you’ll have a front seat to.

Today, I received an email from iVillage.com encouraging me to tackle my Spring Cleaning with their handy guide and checklists. According to them, they’re giving me everything I need to know to get my home in tip-top shape.

We’ll see about that.

As usual with iVillage, they tease me with many interesting links and promises of intriguing information I can’t live without, but oftentimes, I have trouble accessing or even finding them.

So far, I’ve only been able to print out their Spring Cleaning Checklist and haven’t quite been able to get to the tips, but I’ll keep trying. And I’ll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    Welcome back girl! Congrats on your cleaning success yesterday! I'm not worthy! :) I was so thrilled that on Monday (since it was Andy's birthday) we went to get new driver's licenses! When the girl asked us if we wanted to update our voter registration I said "OF COURSE"! One less form to fill out for my name change! I am now officially Jean Nutgrass...woo hoo!

     
  • At 8:22 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    Hopefully you had a great vacation! I get suckered into those newsletter tips, too. I think I'm going to click and be presented with the secrets of the world, only to be disappointed with some lame-o advice.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home