Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It’s the Little Things in Life


Just thought I’d share a great idea I recently heard, though I can’t remember where so I can’t give credit where credit is due. My apologies to the suggestor.

If you’ve ever made a fruit pizza (my friend, Cara, introduced me to this fabulous little dish – another miracle of cream cheese) and served it at a party, you know it can get messy once you and your guests have eaten your way toward the center.

Avoid this problem by buying the pre-sliced sugar cookie dough and making little individual pizzas. Brilliant! It’s probably a bigger pain to spread the fruit on top, but the ease of eating far outweighs any of the cons.

If you’re just slightly more ambitious or want to feel like you’re putting a little more love into it, buy a roll of sugar cookie dough and slice it yourself.

In other fun news, completely and totally unrelated to anything domestic, AMC Theatres is running an Oscar special. On Saturday, February 24, you can pay one low price ($30 – that’s just $6 a ticket!) and watch all 5 Best Picture nominees back to back to back (to back to back) and they’ll throw in a large popcorn and large drink, both refillable all day! How fun!

I would do it if I hadn’t already seen 4 of them. For those of you who haven’t, check out this link to see if the AMC in your area is participating. http://www.amctheatres.com/promos/showcase/

For the local yokels out there, game is on at Newport on the Levee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home