Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Monday, February 19, 2007

Small Victories

Good grief. Three weeks in and I’m already ready to dump this “column.” I thought it would be inspirational insofar as get me to actually produce a few small victories every week. Mostly, it just reminds me of all the stuff I didn’t do.

For instance, about three weeks ago, I bought probably about 15 Valentine’s Day cards for various family members and friends, including one friend whose birthday is on Valentine’s Day. Let’s just say I have quite the jump on next year.

I took pictures last Saturday of the disaster that is my house. I was hoping to be able to show some progress as the hours went by. A week later, not much to show for it, but don’t worry, you’ll see it anyway.

And the list goes on. But I don’t want to give up just yet. So I’ll list the few things I did accomplish this week:

• Changed our sheets. Looks like I’m back on track again in this department – 3 weeks is not the usual, as we experienced of late. That’s like college guy dorm. Yuck. So I’m back on my weekly schedule.

• Finished ironing that huge pile of clothes on the bed in the guest room.

• Did more laundry (trying not to think about the new pile of ironing I’ll have, though I can rest assured it will be much smaller than the last batch).

• Instead of mailing out Valentine’s cards (since I printed a bunch with a typo in it – not too impressive for a writer), I emailed one I made on ecards-gallery.com. Kind of fun and easy, which is a good thing since they only let you send it to 10 people at a time. As far as I could tell, there was no way to save my creation, so I had to keep remaking it.

• Thanks to downloading Firefox, I can now create links in this blog. Woo-hoo!

• Thanks to my husband, Rick, I have finally linked up a few friends and favorite web sites. Woo-hoo again.

• Speaking of my darling, Rick cleaned our entire downstairs, including mopping and/or Murphy’s Oil Soaping the floors yesterday. No small feat.

• Made a much-needed massage appointment, though it won’t be as relaxing as I’d planned since I fell down our basement stairs a few hours ago and the cat attacked me as I lay on the ground. Needless to say, rough night and sore leg. Not to mention the stress of worry something happened to the baby. After a trip to the emergency room, I’m happy to report all is well. Though I still feel like I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

• Fixed my new warming blanket so it’s facing the right way and I even plugged it in. It was actually fired up, warming my bed until I had to shut it off before we left for the ER.

• Signed up for a Costco membership, something I’ve been meaning to do for several weeks. Made the switch from Sam’s basically as a moral issue. It’s certainly not one of convenience or price…

• Went to Dinner’s Ready with a friend, so I now have a freezer full or dinners I can make at a moment’s (well, close to it) notice without having to use too much brainpower.

Gee, now that I wrote it all out, I did more than I thought. I’m feeling better already.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:02 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    You did accomplish a lot! good job. And your e-card was cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home