Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Miracles Do Happen


Holy crap, no one will be more shocked than I was to learn that I was actually productive tonight. Honestly, I can’t remember the last time I’ve gotten anything accomplished on a weeknight after work.

Either I’m working late or have some sort of commitment or have to do some sort of shopping or something. Then, next thing you know, I get home after 10 and all motivation has drained from my being.

Not tonight, Alice.

Got home around 6:30 and the Rickster made the mistake of mentioning Popeye’s chicken to me. I don’t know about any of you moms or other preggos out there, but my cravings work this way: if I hear about it, see it or smell it, I want to eat it. Suffice it to say, I had a 2-piece spicy with mashed potatoes, gravy and a biscuit. Mmm-mm. Love dat chicken.

But I digress…

Even though I was disappointed we were so close to Victoria’s Secret where I need to return a $50 bra I bought out of guilt a few months ago, but I forgot to bring it with me, my spirits were soon lifted by other events.

We got back home and instead of sitting on the couch to relax, unwind and lose my soul to the TV, I went upstairs to our bedroom and gathered all my loose clothes together. The ones that escaped the hamper were ironed and hung up.

I finished unpacking my bags from our trip and put the stuff where it belonged. Then I straightened out one of our closets so I could store some clothes I can’t wear for awhile as well as our luggage. And I vacuumed ¾ of our bedroom (Rome was not built in a day) and the hallway.

Once all that was done, I headed back downstairs and called a good friend I hadn’t talked to in months and went through some mail before sitting down to watch Lost, one of my guilty TV pleasures.

To top it all off, after washing my face and brushing my teeth, I even used the water pick, which I semi-promised the dental hygienist I would do after she finished shining up my choppers today. I wasn’t going to, but the guilt of this blog got to me. And, of course, I’m actually doing another post.

All in all, I would say the evening was a rousing success. Let’s hope the momentum continues tomorrow night…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home