Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Shattered House Remodel Dream #142

I honestly thought we'd have all our cabinets up this weekend. If I'm going to really bare my soul, I will tell you that a week ago, I honestly thought our kitchen would be done already. So there's that.

Anyway, I figured we'd get the wall cabinets up yesterday, then the base cabinets today. I mentioned in a previous post part of what happened yesterday in regards to the over-the-range cabinet. In spite of that, two cabinets were hung. We felt pretty good about it.

Today, those had to come back down in order to put the crown molding on. They cabinets are too close to the ceiling to drill them on after the fact. So everything done yesterday had to be undone and redone today. So we had that going for us.

They do look good, don't get me wrong. I'm just hoping they get done soon so that we can continue to move forward as planned this week. For instance, the electrician wanted to come back after the cabinets were put in, and I left him a message saying we'd be ready on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed.

Then, the granite guy is supposed to come on Thursday, which we originally thought would be too late. Now I'm hoping it's not too early.

All along, I've tried to stay positive, but I have to admit, I was feeling a little down today. It just seems like the end is nowhere in sight. I know that it is, but there's just nothing about this remodel that is completely done.

In addition to the cabinets, he decorative floor tiles and grout still needs to be sealed as well as the thresholds put on; there is still painting to be done on the walls and trim; there is still trim to be made, attached and painted; there are still light fixtures to be selected, removed and/or attached; there are baseboards to be selected, prepared and attached; there are appliances to be selected, bought and delivered. The list just seems to go on and on.

But the fact is: it is what it is. So let's just enjoy the ride, shall we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home