Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Small Victories


I thought it would be "fun" to do a weekly wrap-up, focusing on my accomplishments since generally, I’m focused on the disasters. Here it is Sunday night, and of course, I didn’t get nearly as much done as I’d hoped. So I thought about scrapping the idea, then remembered it’s called ‘small victories,’ so I’m going with the notion of every little bit counts:

• Finally set up the humidifier in our bedroom after weeks of waking up with a bleeding nose and hands

• Sent out thank you notes in a timely manner for a baby gift we received

• Ironed a ton of clothes that were on the spare bed and started packing up the stuff I can’t wear right now

• Went through another batch of boxes full of stuff we’re donating to Good Will so I could document it for tax purposes and make sure I didn’t get rid of anything I still want

Hopefully, next week I can add:

• Finished wrapping and mailing gifts (Christmas, baby and 50th anniversary that happened a year and a half ago – sheesh!)

• Found receipts and info for our Flexible Spending Account so we don’t lose all that money

• And etc.

Stay tuned and feel free to share your own small victories.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:59 PM, Blogger Cara said…

    Good for you! my small victory was cleaning out the fish tank (I'm regretting that Xmas purchase already.)

     
  • At 11:01 AM, Blogger meauxjeaux said…

    Congratulations! every little bit helps, and I'm sure the fish were ecstatic. ;)

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Blogger suzi said…

    It is the little things that get us through.
    I cleaned my 1/2 or our closet-which included getting rid of 2 bags of shoes and clothes some of which dated back to the early 90's.
    I also was excited that I got a nice desk and book shelf to finish off the office - then discovered that we are going to have to take the door AND all the door trim off before it will fit in the room...yes, it's the little things
    GREAT blog Meaux!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home