Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Game On

My husband, Rick, and I had one of our usual arguments last night about the state of the house and who does more to try and maintain it. Of course, he insists he does just as much as me. This simply floors me, as my disbelief floors him.

Whenever we have this ‘discussion,’ he likes to site an article he read recently that highlights survey results. These results illustrate that husbands actually do more than their wives give them credit for but less than they think they do. Not exactly sure what this proves, but he is bolstered by it.

Personally, I’ve never said that Rick does nothing around the house, though he often accuses me of doing so in the heat of our little chats. So last night I suggested we keep track of everything we do for a week after which time we could compare notes and see what really goes on.

He didn’t think that was long enough, so we agreed on a month, starting today. I’ll keep you posted on our results.

So far, I made dinner, cleaned up, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned out the old food from the fridge and gave the cats fresh water in a clean bowl.

What have you been up to, honey?

2 Comments:

  • At 9:14 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    LOL! Oh, I can't wait to hear the results.

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    I cracked up when I read this & like Cara, I definitely can't wait to see the results!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home