Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 22 - Plumbing

Okay, so I've skipped a few steps. Don't worry, we'll come back to them, as disorganized as that will be. But hey, that's my forte. So please enjoy this little tale.

Today was the day Jim (our friend/contractor) and Rick (my husband) were going to work on plumbing. That involved taking out an old iron drain pipe in the basement and replacing it with PVC, moving the sink drains from under the window over to the corner where our new sink will go, and moving the ice maker waterline across the kitchen its new location.

Jim arrived bright and early to get started at 8:30; he was planning to leave by 3 p.m. By the time I left at 11:30 to go start my own personal project hell, the boys had already been to Home Depot twice and these quotes had been spoken:

Jim: "Your house hates me."

Rick: "There were things in that [iron pipe] that no man should have to see. Personally, I think there are things living in there."

By the time I got home at 11 p.m., it was all done. Though I hear Jim didn't leave until almost 5 p.m. That sucks. Then again, I thought I'd be done with my stuff by dinner time. The best laid plans...

Speaking of which, tomorrow Rick and Jim will be laying the tile floor in a diagonal pinwheel design per my request. Hope it goes more smoothly than the pipes.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:58 PM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    Thanks for sharing your kitchen renovations! Andy & I were wondering how it was going. I can't wait til the next installment! I know it will be fabulous when it's all finished!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home