Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How My Mind Works is God's Own Mystery

So I'm sitting here trying to figure out what we're serving at our annual Ornament Exchange Party this Saturday. (Yes, this is a current post – my husband thought it would be less chaotic having it outside of the actual holiday season. Little did he realize our last minute habits would remain the same.)

Anyway, I'm trying to get my grocery/booze list together since today is going to be the warmest day of the rest of the week (26˚) and I don't want to wait until Saturday – that will really give me a coronary. A few weeks before Christmas, Allrecipes.com had sent a weekly newsletter focusing on holiday drinks that I wanted to check out. I remember at the time thinking – I don't need to save this email. I can just do a search on their site when the time comes.

Not so fast. While I may be remembering the recipes wrong, I couldn't find all of the Bailey's options I thought I saw. So I decided to check my email inbox (I currently have over 35 pages in there) and I had every stinking newsletter they sent in December EXCEPT the one I need. How's that for irony? As if one lousy email more would have made any difference...sigh.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    It was a fabulous party...as always! I know what you mean about saving many emails, going back to find the one you now need only to find that was the one email you ended up deleting because you didn't think you would need it. I feel you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home