Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Misery Loves Company

My friend, Sarah, sent me an email the other day, chronicling one of her own TTHBS (Taking the House by Storm) moments. She recently had gall bladder surgery. I am posting her story here since it's always nice to know one's not alone in the disaster zone. If you have a story you'd like to share, please do. Lord knows I've got a million of 'em.

"Meaux, I wanted you to know I had my own TTHBS moment today. I am finally allowed to eat whatever after my surgery and I have been jonesin' for a treat of some kind. I am of course too lazy to bundle up Lily [Sarah's adorable little baby] and go to the store today, so I searched the cabinets.

"I had some yellow cake mix, so made the cake and looked up an icing recipie in 'The Joy of Cooking.' Well, the cake is kind of soggy and the icing is more like fudge than like icing and it's not very good at all. *sigh*.... I just wanted a treat. I guess I will have to go out and get some Chips Ahoy or something."

Take heart, Sarah. It happens to the best of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home