Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Small Victories


Well, it’s been another less-than-stellar week in the land of victories, but like I said last week – baby steps. With that said, here are the few things I accomplished that I feel okey-dokey about:

• Washed all our clothes, which was no small accomplishment considering how many there were. Luckily, we are blessed with great friends who lent us maternity clothes, and since most of them were packed in boxes, they required a washing. A week from now, my hope is they will all be ironed and hung up…

• Packed up all my regular clothes from our closet that I can’t wear right now and made room for all these wonderful loaners.

• Tried a new recipe – Buffalo Chicken Dip from allrecipes.com. It was tasty, if I do say so myself. This is something I’ve been wanting to try for a while. Nothing super complex, but they’re not all going to be 5-star restaurant worthy, right?

• Caught up with my friend, Angie. It’s no small task to keep up with friends, especially long distance. And it gets overwhelming when we don’t get to make as many calls as we’d like, so it does feel good when you get to talk to at least one person you haven’t been in touch with in a while.

• Did make a few calls trying to track down enough medical expenses so we don’t lose our asses on our flexible spending account. Haven’t quite ‘found’ all the money yet, but I am making progress.

• Remembered to take a meal out of the freezer from Dinner’s Ready so we’ll have something to eat Monday night. May not sound like much, but I’ve been meaning to do this very same thing for a couple of weeks now.

So that’s about all I’ve got for this week. But I’m looking forward to a real winner coming up.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Cara said…

    I love chicken wing dip! My sil made it for the superbowl, but she layered the ingredients instead of mixing them together. It wasn't the same. You need to blend it up!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home