Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Chili Takes the Chill Out

My husband, Rick, has a few signature dishes he periodically makes. Most of them have been in his repertoire for awhile – Salmon Patties and Shepherd's Pie are holdovers from his youth and he's made his version of Stir Fry since before we met.

But there's one recipe he started making just since we've been married and it's really good – Award-Winning Chili from allrecipes.com. Since it was cold, we're expecting the white death and we had three pounds of ground turkey in the freezer, I decided to give it a go. And it turned out pretty well.

There were only two ingredients I didn't have on hand. Cilantro – which I absolutely love but didn't miss – and chili seasoning packets, so I used Chili Seasoning Mix II, also from allrecipes.com.

If you like a hearty chili, give this one a try. It has a few unique ingredients - like carrots - and tastes great with corn chips and cheese - mmmmm.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:20 PM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    Thanks for the recipe, I'll have to check it out! I love making chili & pulled out my chili fixings to make a pot since I am home today. I'll let you know how it turns out!

     
  • At 6:31 PM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    Well, I did my own thing and it actually turned out pretty darn good. Last night we had a bowl of chili for dinner and tonight (thank goodness the power came back on after being off for 5 1/2 hours!) we had chili spaghetti. Yummo! ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home