Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Creme Brulee French Toast

I put this together Saturday afternoon for our post-party breakfast. Our friends, Jean and Andy, were spending the night, so I wanted to be prepared. It's one of those overnight french toasts and I thought that would sure beat making breakfast from scratch.

Since I was making it pre-party, I was in a rush and didn't get to read others' reviews so I made it exactly as the recipe dictated. Then I stuck it in the fridge and all I had to do in the morning was pop it in a preheated oven. Because I'm such an over-achiever, I defrosted some goetta I'd already sliced and fried that up. Delish.

Next time I make it, I'll add pecans and sprinkle a little cinnamon on top as other allrecipes.com reviewers suggested. And should you decide to try it yourself, be advised: it takes about 10-15 minutes longer than LynnInHK would lead you to believe.

note: Sorry I didn't think to take any pictures before it was too late, but there are a few with the recipe.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger divaqueen said…

    Sorry we didn't give you time to take pictures. Yes it was very good! I like your idea to add the nuts and cinnamon...even better! Thanks again for your wonderful hospitality! We always appreciate it!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home