Taking the House by Storm

The trials and tribulations of the average gal trying to navigate through life, love and the pursuit of domestic bliss.

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Fifteen Minute Friday Night


One of the Fly Lady's mantras is you can do anything for 15 minutes. Tonight, I put it into practice while baking some of my Schwan's Monster Mania Cookies. The cookies are supposed to bake for 19-20 minutes, but I burnt them the first time I believe due to the fact that I used the small, upper over of my double range oven – very close quarters. So I figured I'd try 15 minutes and I set the timer. Then it hit me:

I should spend those 15 minutes cleaning out my freezer since some stuff fell out (not for the first time) when I went to find the cookies.

It's not very easy to tell the difference between the before and after pictures, but believe you me, it's there. Like items are grouped together, the interior has been wiped down and I tossed out some leftover smoothies - FYI, they don't defrost well.

So even though it's kind of a lame thing to do on a Friday night, it's one thing off my usually ever-growing To Do list, which is definitely a (baby) step in the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home